Finding extra space in your RV or Travel Trailer is hard because there is very little space for storage in the first place. Use these 10 awesome storage and organization hacks to help keep you clutter free.
1. Cut up a shoe organizer and place around the bottom of your bed because no one wants to trip over shoes on the floor.
When you have very limited space around the bed, what do you do with your shoes? If anyone is like me, I like to take more than one pair with me on a trip because you never know what you are going to be doing. A shoe organizer is a perfect way to keep all your shoes organized and out of the way.
2. Hang collapsible canvas shelves from the closet rod for extra clothing storage. These shelves provide more room to store your clothing.
Campers usually have very little closet space to store your clothes for a trip. Our camper doesn’t even have any pull out drawers. For us, if the trip is longer than a couple of days, we have to improvise on where to best put all of our clothes. The collapsible canvas shelves are inexpensive and fit perfectly into our closets beside the bed. Then we can fit all of our clothes into the closets which give us more storage for other items we will take on the trip.
3. Use hanging containers on a towel rod in the bathroom for your toiletries. Small campers just do not have enough bathroom counter space, so you have to get creative with all of your toiletries.
It is safe to say that bathrooms in a camper are nothing like our bathrooms at home. Space is very limited! Make the most out of your wall space with this creative DIY storage hack. Buy some containers at your local store and a couple of inexpensive towel rods. The best part of this idea is that everyone can have their own separate container.
4. Hang baskets under your cabinets for your fruit and/or vegetable storage. Hanging baskets are always a great way to use up that wasted space in your RV or camper.
Here is another great idea to use your vertical wall space in your camper. Not every camper comes with a pantry, so what do you do with the fruits and vegetables that do not go into the fridge. You certainly can’t have them rolling around on the counter while you are driving down the road. You will end up with a mess to clean up once you get to the campsite.
Just get yourself a towel rod and a couple of cute hanging baskets, and you have a great place to store your fruits and vegetables all in one secure place.
5. Use 1” curtain rings with clips for your bath products. Showers are not very large in an RV or camper, so this is a perfect way to keep your shower products with you in the shower.
I love this RV storage hack! Everyone in the family uses a Loofah, so when we go on a trip we will take 3 Loofahs with us. Anyone who uses a Loofah knows that they take up space, and the only way to properly store them is to hang them on a hook to dry.
In our camper, there is nowhere to hang them on, so before I saw this idea I would leave them in the sink to drain and dry.
6. Batteries can tend to be an unorganized mess. You can never find the right type of battery when you need it. Store your batteries in a tackle box to keep them all in one place.
This storage hack is genius!
It is great for your home and RV or Travel Trailer. I am one of those people that just throws the batteries onto the junk drawer in the kitchen. When you need a battery you can never find what you need because someone has already taken the last one. Use a tackle box to keep all your batteries in one easy place, and you can easily tell if you need to get more.
7. Make more room in your drawers by adding a hanging rack underneath your cabinets to store your cooking utensils.
This storage idea is great because you not only have your cooking utensils neatly organized and right at your fingertips, but you also have more room in the few drawers that you do have for other items. Before I saw this idea I had no idea that the slots at the back of your stove were for knives.
You learn something new every day!
8. Having the First-Aid Kit while traveling is very important because you never know when you will need it. Use a tackle box to store and organize all of your First-Aid Essentials.
I have a first aid kit that I bought at the store, but it only has the basic items you may need. I always end up needing something that is not included, so I go buy the extra items and still end up with a disorganized mess of first aid essentials. A tackle box is a perfect way to keep everything neatly organized and in one place, so you never have to go searching in a time of need.
9. Use pillboxes for your medicine cabinet while traveling. This will save some much-needed space in the medicine cabinet.
Anytime I travel I always bring with me several bottles of medication that I might possibly need while traveling. i.e. Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Allergy, Cold, Sinus, Heartburn, Stomach Pain, etc.
I thought this idea was great because I usually throw all of the medicines I take into a gallon size Ziploc bag. I do not need to take with me a huge bottle of Ibuprofen with me on a week-long trip. Using a pillbox will keep all of my medicines in a small container that is easily visible and doesn’t take up too much space in the medicine cabinet.
10. Magazine holders have plenty of great uses to help you get your RV or Camper organized. Use a magazine holder inside your cabinet to create extra storage.
I have never really thought about the different uses of office materials to be used as storage anywhere, but the office. The inside of the cabinets is another place that has unused space. One way to make good use of that space is by using magazine holders to store smaller items.
There are so many uses for the inside of your cabinets, so have fun and be creative!