Phoenix Career Fair
September 12, 2019
11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Hilton Phoenix Airport
2435 S 47th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Are you looking to escape summers on the sun to bask in the delicious cool mountain air in Colorado??
Are you an RVIA Certified RV Technician?
We will be on hand at the Hilton Phoenix Airport at 2435 S. 47th Street, all day September 12th, and we’ll be looking for you! Come out and meet one of our Service Advisors and ask him the questions you want answers to!
Ken Hurst, Frederick, CO RV Service Manager, is no stranger to the RV business.
Over the last 25+ years, Ken’s career has centered around the RV business. Ken began his career in the industry as a RV Service Technician, served as a Service Writer, assistant Service Manager and is now a Service Manager. Ken branched out and personalized customer orientations on new units too!
Ken has found success at each step in his career, wherever the role has taken him. After developing his skill sets in FL, TX, AZ, CA, TN, OK, he found a home in Frederick, CO with Transwest Truck Trailer RV.
What keeps Ken in the RV service business?
It is the diversity of the business.
The RV Service Department is never boring. “It’s not like working on a car or truck where a brake job is a brake job,” everything is different. Ken also finds excitement in working with people who are fun to be around! He knows that if you “Treat people the way they want to be treated” your customers and team members will stick with you.
Why does Ken continue to choose Transwest to grow not only his own career but develop careers of people on his team?
Transwest provides a “good work environment [that] allowed me to be successful” and he, in turn, propels the careers of others forward. The technicians on Ken’s team manage themselves because the service department is a flat-rate department. The earning potential for technicians is limitless. In addition to the work environment in the Service Department, Ken and the technician team enjoy the strong matching 401k program and Transwest RV winter vacation program.
Transwest is a solid opportunity for you with career growth tracks, great benefits and nationwide locations!
RV Techician Job Description
Looking for an experienced RV Technician for several locations.. RV Techs are responsible for servicing new and used RV’s. RV Technicians will work on interiors, exteriors, electrical and plumbing.
We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively communicate with customers.
- Examine vehicles in need of repair to successfully diagnose the nature and extent of any damage.
- Repair and install RV satellite systems, electrical systems, backup systems, awnings and interior cabinetry and countertops.
- Repair and adjust slide-outs.
- Repair generator systems, roof mounted air conditioning units, propane systems, water systems and plumbing.
- Examine and test parts or system operations.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Required to perform work inside the shop at division location.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, fine manipulation and the ability to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty machinery.
- Normal range of hearing and vision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with good standing MVR.
- 2-3 years RV experience.
- Prior technical experience in electrical, plumbing or carpentry field.
- Must provide own tools.
- Ability to multitask and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reliable and strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to successfully pass a General Abilities Assessment and Post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience working in an RV Dealership environment is preferred
- RVDA/RVIA CERTIFICATION a plus.
- Aqua Hot certification or experience.