Summit Truck Bodies, located in Wathena, KS, is looking for a Bill of Material Specialist. The Bill of Material Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining the accuracy of our Bill of Materials (BOM) and providing various information to support production We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain accurate BOM’s
- Translate drawings into organized lists of required parts for assembly.
- Collaborate with drafting and production to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure that all data is updated in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide support and guidance to other team members regarding BOM.
- Identify and resolve any data discrepancies or errors.
- Continuously improve BOM accuracy and effectiveness.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area, maintains and wears all required personal protective safety equipment.
- Participate in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and exhibiting initiative in areas within direct control.
- Other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Requires prolonged sitting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, copier machine and other office equipment.
- Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to read numbers, reports and computer terminals.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires dexterity and data entry skills.
- Requires working in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to receive and analyze data and input into the computer.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years experience and/or training in a similar role.
- Valid driver's license with good standing MVR.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of AutoCAD, metal fabrication, and truck manufacturing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and constant interruptions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constant demands and shifting of priorities.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to be responsive and highly efficient with relaying information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to successfully complete a General Abilities Assessment and Post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.