Summit Truck Bodies is a quality manufacturer of custom designed service and lube truck bodies, is expanding its workforce due to increasing sales. If you are a motivated team player who is committed to producing a high-quality product on time and safely, we want you on our team. Summit Truck Bodies has an immediate opening for Low Volt Technician to join our assembly team! We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assemble and install Service Truck electrical systems, IE compartment lights, strobe lights and cranes.
- Wire custom electrical systems according to vehicle specifications.
- Install vehicle alarm and audio systems.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, fine manipulation and the ability to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty machinery.
- Normal range of hearing and vision.
- Able to lift 50 pounds regularly.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years professional experience with low-voltage electrical systems.
- Must be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams and vehicle schematics.
- Experience working with electrical systems for law enforcement and specialty vehicles is a plus!
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment in a safe manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully pass a General Abilities Assessment and Post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.