HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!
February 02, 2017
Here are some fun facts about Groundhog Day:
1. Groundhog Day is February 2nd each year.
2. If the groundhog sees its shadow when it emerges from its burrow, there will be six more weeks of winter.
3. If it does not see its shadow, spring will arrive soon.
4. This tradition started in Europe as Candelmas Day. Germans who settled in Pennsylvania in the 1700s brought the custom to America.
5. The first Groundhog Day in Punxsutawney was held in 1886 and has been held each year since then.
6. Groundhog Day celebration organizers claim that predictions are accurate about 75% to 90% of the time.