Purchasing an RV is a big investment. As such, choosing the right RV dealer is key to ensuring that you get the best deal possible on the ideal motorhome for your needs.
If you are searching for the best RV dealer in Kansas City, the following guide will help you walk through what you should look for in a dealership, what red flags to shy away from, and how to determine when you’ve found the best place to shop.
Do Your Online Research
While on the hunt for the best RV dealers in Kansas City, the first place you should begin your journey is online.
The internet is a great way to locate what RV dealerships are near you and do a little research before heading to a showroom. During the research stage, take notes on all of the following:
- Online Reviews: What are other people saying about the RV dealership online? While there will always be customers you can’t please, if an RV dealer has mostly negative reviews, it might not be the best place to visit. Pay attention to what specific complaints or praises are listed in online reviews and think about what is most important to you.
- What They Offer: Researching online is a great way to weed out the RV dealers who don’t offer the inventory or services you need. For example, if you want to purchase a Class A RV, it doesn’t make sense to visit a showroom that specializes in tow-behind campers.
- Hours: Be mindful of when you can visit the RV dealership to make sure it coincides with your schedule. This will be helpful to have on hand when you do in-person research.
Ask About Inventory
Nothing is worse than trying to find your dream RV only to arrive at an RV dealership and realize that their inventory is scarce and don’t carry a single RV in the style you want.
When checking out RV dealers, ask the RV dealership you’re considering about their inventory. See if they carry all of the following RV and camper styles:
It’s not only preferable to work with an RV dealer in Kansas City with a varied selection of RV types, but it is also beneficial to choose an RV dealer who offers a quality selection of RV manufacturers, including Newmar, Tiffin, Winnebago, Thor, Freightliner, Cimarron, Logan Coach, and more.
Look for a Well-Established Business
Have you ever driven by a small car lot that seemed to pop up overnight only to realize a month later the lot is gone? These short-lived lots are not the ideal place to shop for a vehicle because they don’t have a long-term, established reputation to worry about.
When making a purchase as big as a new RV, it is important to find a well-established business. A company that has been around for years and isn’t going anywhere will be concerned about upholding a good name in the community. These well-established RV dealers will focus on better customer service, and you can count on them to be there long after the sale closes.
Find a Dealership with a Service Bay
Finding an RV dealer that also has a service bay is beneficial for three key reasons:
- Any used RV on their lot has probably been well-maintained. When an RV dealer has a service bay, they are more likely to tackle small repairs and maintenance issues before listing the RV for sale.
- Free services are often included with warranties or specials.
- Your dealer can help you with any issues you run into post-purchase.
Visit the Showroom or Lot
After doing your online research and looking for a reputable RV dealer with the right inventory and services, it is time to go in person to check out the RV showroom and lot.
Making a physical visit to an RV dealership can help answer a lot of questions, as well as solidify which sales team is going to offer the best customer service.
Run Away from These Red Flags
Because there are certain things you should look for in an RV dealer, there are also signs that an RV dealership will not be a good pick. If you notice any of the following red flags during research or when visiting the RV dealership, look for a different RV dealer:
- No Online Presence: If you cannot find an RV dealer listed anywhere online — no website, no Google listing, and no mention anywhere on the internet — it is probably best to choose a different dealership. Many small pop-up lots that are not planning to stay in the area will lack an online presence, whereas a well-established business will invest in a website and online listings.
- Rude Staff: It should go without saying, but there is never a reason to tolerate a rude sales team. If you visit an RV dealer and the staff doesn’t treat you kindly or seems unwilling to answer questions, look for a different dealership.
- Low-Quality Inventory: If you arrive at an RV showroom and the only inventory they have is an assortment of low-quality, beat-up RVs, it might be wise to look elsewhere for your purchase. A quality RV dealer will offer a vast selection of RV choices and will be picky about the inventory they carry.
Visit Transwest Today
At Transwest, we take pride in our quality reputation as a local RV dealer in Kansas City. We offer a premium selection of RVs and will be happy to walk you through our inventory at your convenience. Our sales team is knowledgeable and friendly, prepared to answer any questions, and ready to ensure that the RV you purchase is the perfect fit for your needs. Come visit us today and find out what makes Transwest a trusted Kansas City choice for RV Dealerships.
Kansas City RVs for Sale
Check out the best in RVs.