Christmas is right around the corner! Get into the holiday spirit of giving by donating food and toys to your local Transwest dealership. We are accepting dry, and non-perishable food items and items such as diapers, formula, baby food, and wipes. Unwrapped toys are also welcomed for the Boys & Girls Club.
Want to donate food, but don’t know where to start? Check your pantry first! We usually forget the dry and non-perishable foods that we buy, store, and save for a rainy day. There may not be enough items in your pantry to donate, so we included a list of items that you can go shop for that food banks often need and what to consider when buying these items.
What Food Banks Regularly Need Most
Shelf-stable or nonperishable items are the foods that food banks will only accept. Thinking of the staples like canned goods is a great start, but in case you want to give a variety, then here is what food banks most often need:
- Canned food items like soups, vegetables, fruit, protein (tuna, salmon, chicken, etc.), beans, stew, broth, and pasta sauce
- Pasta noodles (preferably whole grain)
- Rice (preferably brown rice)
- Peanut butter
- Granola bars/breakfast bars
- Applesauce and pudding cups
- Boxed meals
- Cooking oil
- Broths and stocks (chicken, beef, and vegetable)
This list may not be all the food items you could bring, but it is what the food banks demand.
Things to Consider When Donating Food
Sometimes we forget the little things when shopping for what to donate. We want you to shop well! Here are some things to consider when donating your food:
- Make sure your food items are not expired. Check the expiration date when shopping for your dry and non-perishable items.
- Food insecure households generally shop cheaper and inorganic. Providing healthy and organic food options for these households would go a step beyond what is normally received.
- Glassware or glass containers for your items will not be accepted.
- Be aware of packaging concerns like dented cans or seemingly opened packages.
If you’re ready to make your donation then make your way to:
Transwest Truck Trailer RV of Brighton
7911 E 96th Ave, Henderson, CO 80640
Transwest Buick GMC
20770 E I-76 Frontage Rd, Brighton, CO 80603
13525 Co Rd 8 Fort Lupton, CO 80621
Hours: Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Transwest is helping food banks across Brighton, Fort Lupton, and Weld County. We look forward to accepting your donation!
Trucks for Sale
Check out the best in trucks.